Hello from our Newest Intern


Hello!
Hiking the Fox Glacier in New Zealand

My name is Ellen King and I am the newest Nature Net Intern! I just moved to the Madison area from Michigan (I’m not sorry) and am passionate about outdoor and environmental education. I am a two time AmeriCorps Alumnae from the National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) and VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America).

This spring and what is left of winter, I will be working on Nature Net’s monthly newsletters to teachers and parents, Earth Day Bouquet, delivering Nature Net’s events to you, and much more!

Fun fact about me: In school, science was not my best subject, nor was it one I was interested in learning about. After spending several months completing ecological restoration in Southeast Wisconsin and Southern Iowa this past year, I can admit that my past prejudices against science are over. I have always been an outdoors-lover, but now find myself interested in topics like climate change (click for a past blog on climate change), restoration, and the use of herbicides and pesticides.
Learning how to use a Fire Extinguisher
I am so excited to be here! Comment below and be sure to let me know if there is something you would like to see!

Popular posts from this blog

Crystals and Flakes

summer in fall

Beauty and the beast